Definition of Quadrilateral
A quadrilateral is a four-sided polygon.
More About Quadrilateral
- Parallelogram: A quadrilateral with two pairs of opposite sides parallel
- Rhombus: A parallelogram with four congruent sides.
- Rectangle: A parallelogram with four right angles.
- Square: A parallelogram with four congruent sides and four right angles.
- Trapezoid: A quadrilateral with only one pair of parallel sides.
Video Examples: Quadrilateral Properties
Examples of Quadrilateral
Solved Example on Quadrilateral
Ques: A quadrilateral with vertices (0, 0), (5, 0), (8, 4) and (3, 4) forms a ________.
Correct Answer: A
Step 1: Let (0, 0), (5, 0), (8, 4), and (3, 4) be A, B, C, and D respectively.
Step 9: The lengths of the sides AB, BC, CD, and DA are equal and the lengths of the diagonals AC and BD are not equal in quadrilateral ABCD.
Step 10: So, ABCD is a rhombus.