Fibrous Root System
Definition of Fibrous root system
Joints that are connected by denseirregular fibrous connective tissue, usually collagen
More About Fibrous root system
- The fibrous roots are thin, of more or less similar size, width and more in number
- The fibrous root system is also known as Diffuse root system or fasciculate root system
- The first root that germinates from the seed is known as radical
- This radical normally develops into main root or tap root, but the in the fibrous roots, the radical is short lived and dies
- The fibrous roots spread horizontally, however a few also develop vertically for the deep anchorage, helps in proper absorption of water and minerals
- They help in preventing soil erosion also
- Fibrous root system in generally observed in ferns and Monocotyledon plants like Grasses, Barley and wheat
Questions based of Fibrous root system:
1) Which type of roots is found in the grass?
a) Tap root
b) Lateral root
c) Fibrous roots
d) Modified roots
Solution: (c) Fibrous roots are found in the grass
2) Which among the following is an example of fibrous root?
Solution: (d) Maize plant have fibrous roots.
3) Fibrous root system is also known as diffuse root system
Solution: (a) Fibrous root system is also known as diffuse root system or fasciculate root system