Definition of Geometry
- Geometry basically means measure (metry) of the earth (geo).
- Geometry is the most practical branch of mathematics.
- Geometry is the study of geometric figures in two dimensions and three dimensions.
- Geometry deals with the properties, measurements and relationships of points, lines, angles, surfaces, and solids that appear in the world around us.
- Geometry extensively uses Arithmetic and Algebra to arrive at the solutions of its problems.
Related Terms for Geometry