Definition of Congruent
- Congruent means having the same measure.
More about Congruent
- Congruent angles are angles that have the same measure.
- An equilateral triangle has all its angles measuring 60°. So, the angles of an equilateral triangle are congruent.
- A square and a rectangle have all their angles measuring 90°. So, the angles of a square and a rectangle are congruent.
- Congruent Figures have the same shape and size.
- Congruent Segments have the same length.
Solved Example on Congruent
Line CD bisects another line AB at point P. Name any two congruent angles formed.
A. Angles APD and CPD
B. Angles CPB and APD
C. Angles APB and APD
D. Angles CPB and CPD
Correct Answer: B
Step 1: When a line bisects another line, four right angles are formed.
Step 2: Two such angles are angle CPB and angle APD.
Related Terms for Congruent
- Congruent Angles
- Congruent Segments
- Congruent Figures