Definition of Congruent Angles
Congruent Angles means having the same measure.
More About Congruent Angles
- Congruent Angles angles are angles that have the same measure.
- An equilateral triangle has all its angles measuring 60°. So, the angles of an equilateral triangle are Congruent Angles.
- A square and a rectangle have all their angles measuring 90°. So, the angles of a square and a rectangle are Congruent Angles.
- Congruent Angles Figures have the same shape and size.
- Congruent Angles Segments have the same length.
Video Examples: Congruent Angles
Solved Example on Congruent Angles
Ques: Line CD bisects another line AB at point P. Name any two Congruent Angles angles formed.
A. Angles APD and CPD
B. Angles CPB and APD
C. Angles APB and APD
D. Angles CPB and CPD
Correct Answer: B
Step 1: When a line bisects another line, four right angles are formed.
Step 2: Two such angles are angle CPB and angle APD.