Definition of Mixed Fraction
A Mixed Fraction is a number with a combination of an integer and a proper fraction.
More About Mixed Fraction
- Mixed fraction is also called as mixed number.
- An improper fraction can be converted into a mixed fraction and vice versa.
Examples of Mixed Fraction
- 23, 46, 19, 5, 12, 29, 8, 42
- is a mixed number, in which 5 is an integer and is a fraction.
- is a mixed number, in which – 3 is an integer and is a fraction.
- is an improper fraction as the numerator is greater than the denominator.
- It can be converted into a mixed fraction as:
So, the mixed number is equivalent to improper fraction .
Video Examples: How To Do Mixed Fractions Multiplication
Solved Example on Mixed Fraction
Ques: Which of the following is a mixed fraction?
A. 3 +
Correct Answer: C
Step 1: A mixed fraction is a combination of an integer and a proper fraction.
Step 2: So, is a mixed fraction.