Ayurvedic Treatment For Asthma
Asthma in ayurveda is termed as ShwasRoga a chronic condition of respiratory system characterized by person experiencing shortness of breath. It is caused due to inflammation of the airways in the lungs mainly because of allergies such as house dust mite and cockroach, grass, pollen, foods, climatic changes, animals like cats, dogs etc.
Common Symptoms of Asthma:
- Recurrent breathing problems
- Chest tightness
Diet Regime for Asthma in Ayurveda
- Avoid fried and processed foods
- Avoid food such as rice, curds, buttermilk, sugar, lentils, heavy milk products like cheese, paneer etc...which has natural tendency to produce the phlegm or to accumulate the mucus
- Drink boiled water in plenty
- Avoid over eating . Take light dinner one hour before going to bed
- Avoid fruits such as guava, papaya, watermelon and banana
How to Manage Asthma at Home
- Taking 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice with one table spoon of water can be very much helpful.
- A cup of fenugreek decoction with teaspoon of ginger juice and honey to add taste and according to once requirement
- Consumption of 2/3 carrot juice, 1/3 spinach juice, 3 times a day.
- Mix 10 - 15 drops of garlic juice in warm water and take internally.
- Grind to powder form - 2 gms each of Nagar (Nut grass, Cyperusrotundus) and Bharangi and mix them in water to prepare a paste which should be taken, with warm lukewarm water, twice daily.
- Mix 1 teaspoon honey with 1 teaspoon of Indian bay leaf (Cinnamomumtamala) powder and have it before going to bed at night. This will help you in preventing the attack of asthma at night.
- Take 10 cloves of garlic boiled with 30 ml of milk once a day
- Make paste of Black resin,dates, long Pippli (Piper longum) and honey, in equal quantity.Take one teaspoonful of it morning and evening with warm milk.